Friday 21 September 2007

Knitty Picky Socky Stuff

I love getting mail. Especially when it contains these little lovelies from Donyale:


If you think you'd like some of your own (or rather, more of you own, because I think I am once again the last person on the planet to get some), head over to Donyale's Knitpicks shop. There's a groovy little button over on my sidebar that will get you there too*. (This is me shamlessly entering as much of the competition as possible!).

She has a fabulous competition running this month that you can enter when you buy something from her, so check it out.

It's very timely, because the other day I cast on this:


Yes, folks, I can hear the chattering of Beelzebub's teeth - hell has indeed frozen over. I have cast on a sock. I am ashamed to say my motives were not entirely pure, but nonetheless, it is a sock. Ive done about 10 rows and haven't cocked it up yet.

I don't think the Clappy is jealous of the sock though - she's too busy flirting with almost anyone who's dropped past in the last few days!

*edited to add: Look, Ive been working on this button caper since lunchtime (its 830pm). Ive had two other blogger mates try and explain it to me. I'll fix it when I get a clue - in the meantime, there's a sort-of button there that shows the way to Donnyale's shop. If you've ever seen one of my mud-maps, you'd know that this is quite a step up in terms of directions to anyplace other than here.

10 comments:

Bells said...

Yay! Georgie is a sock knitter! Hip hip hooray!

What possible motives could you have for sock knitting that were less than pure???

happyspider said...

GOTCHA!! mwuaahhh ha ha ha haaaa!

Rose Red said...

Is your clap a hussy? Mine is completely monogamous, although somewhat conceited!

Yay for socks! Yay for KnitPicks! Yay for Donni's KP shop!

DrK said...

socks rule - all other forms of knitting bow before the sock. and once you start with those shiny pretty dpns, youre a goner!

Taphophile said...

*cheer*! Go Georgie the Sock Slayer.

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Don't yah just love knit picks. I am slowly converting all my circulars to KP. While I love my one set of DPN from them...I am partial to my bamboo DPN.

Enough about me....yeah Georgie cast on a sock. Looks like she is hooked!!

MadMad said...

God bless those wonderful people at Knit Picks.... what on earth did we do before them, I wonder? (I know earth is supposed to be capped, but I'm on the stupid laptop, and there is no way I'm going back to fix it. Just sayin', so you don't think I'm totally stupid.) Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah! Socks! Awesome! I'm so glad your "classes" got you started down tthat path! I, myself, have some Happy Spider yarn I can't wait to get started on...

TinkingBell said...

Yay Georgie's sock - and arent those knitpicks nice - when I have time I'll try and get Donyale's button installed!!!! Good work - clappy going slowly, but going - back to finish a bit more now!

Em said...

Congrats on the people-sized sock! What pattern are you using? Bear in mind that if your first full-sized sock effort is something crazy and charted and complex, we may all just have you committed (but only because we're jealous we didn't start out that way). Best of luck with the sock!

Lynne said...

You're not the last one - I don't own any KnitPicks yet! I told myself I didn't need new needles, the ones I have do the job adequately, I don't use 5.00 or 6.00 mm needles very often, etc. But...Christmas is coming and the family wants to know...
Donni's shop here I come! :-)