Wednesday 9 April 2008

This is.....my trinket box


It's in here somewhere. I'm afraid you'll just have to imagine the treasures that are contained within. (And I'm also very late, but we wont dwell on that!)

This is just a small (tiny!) portion of our belongings, all packed up in anticipation of the move into our new house in about a week and a half.

We have finally found a house, after being given notice to leave our current home because the owners are selling. We got confirmation today that we can move in on the 16th of this month. Phew.

I'm quite excited about the move, because the new house is in the same suburb (which we really like), has nice central heating and is all on one level (unlike the last three houses we've lived in. I'm totally over stairs!). There's just the rest of the packing and the moving between us and a nice, warm, stairless new home.

So I'm sorry that I can't really share on this great meme this time round - maybe I'll revisit it when we're all settled in a couple of weeks!

12 comments:

Bells said...

I feel nervous about coming to help you move all of a sudden!!! Gulp!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move: hope it all goes really smoothly!!!

Alwen said...

Good luck! I think of "move" as a four-letter word.

My parents had to move when my mother was pregnant with the middle of my three brothers.

Donna Lee said...

Congratulations on finding a good house! I moved into our current house when I was pregnant and haven't moved out since. That was 23 years ago. In 8 more, we will own it and not the bank.

Georgie said...

Oh, Bells, Bells, Bells....(shakes head sadly). Youve obviously got a very big surprise coming! When I said TINY portion of our stuff, I wasn't joking in the slightest!

Lynne said...

I've only ever moved once in my married life - 16yrs ago - and I don't look forward to ever doing it again! Bigger house = more stuff! Good luck!

Rose Red said...

Yay for new house and no stairs! Boo for moving (I agree with Alwen - it definitely is a four letter word!

MadMad said...

Oh, wow. I'm psyched you found a house; I was worried! I can't imagine the stress of it all (plus packing) while pregnant. Glad that part, at least, is over! Good luck with the next half!

TinkingBell said...

So pleased you found a good house!
Have a happy move (if such a thing exists -) send your addie etc when you get settled! Will send positive moving thoughts!

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

At this point in our lives if we had to move I don't know what we'd do. DH and I seem to accumulate so much stuff. I'd be afraid to move now.

I'm so glad that you found a place, best of luck with your move.

Em said...

Congratulations on finding a house! I was a little worried. And no stairs, too! So much easier than the alternatives. How did you sucker Bells into helping you move? Did you put her in charge of the stash? You might have to watch her, rumor has it she "liberates" sock yarn from "oppressive" rulers. :-) Good luck with the move, and best of luck with the new house. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

DrK said...

hmm i think ive seen those boxes somewhere before! im so happy its settled and wish i was there to help. seriously, i do, im not just saying that because im not there :)