Saturday 5 May 2007

How do you spell "procrastination"?

Quick, better look it up, now where's the dictionary, I think its still in a box somewhere, gotta find it, can't work without it.....

My essay is already 2 days late, Pirate Jim is asleep, my Beloved is cleaning (one very good reason, of many, why he's my Beloved!!), I have clear air to write, and damn it, I can't!

Not very excited by the topic (emissions trading to mitigate climate change), but its all in my head and just won't come out. I strongly suspect this procrastination thing might be all in my head too, but if I admit that then I havent got any reason not to write, have I?

I've read all the blogs - ALL of them, even the ones I read last night while I was avoiding working researching more material (because I can't write a word until I am satisfied I know EVERYTHING about a topic) and the ones who havent posted in weeks, worked out which train we need to take from Brilon-Wald to Paris, tidied my desk, had 3 cups of tea and a ham sandwich, and now I'm contemplating cleaning the bathroom.

Egad. Maybe I should blog my essay.....

Right. Focus. You're a professional, you can do this.

Now where is that bleach.....?

3 comments:

Bells said...

tee hee. I'm surprised you're still awake after reading all that stuff. Yawn. I'm glad someone out there is thinking about these issues though. I just don't want to.

Taphophile said...

I know - write an essay about the swaps basket, then global change "yarn" and "needles" to "emissions". Should work a treat. ;)

Denise said...

LOL! Yeah, turn your essay into a Blog, and then you'll get through it no worries. Does bribery with chocolate work?