And because I'm too lazy right now to recount all the comings and goings of the last 2 weeks, I'm just going to ease back into the saddle with the meme that's been doing the rounds lately (first seen by me on Amy's blog).
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night.
Pirate Jim saying, very seriously "oh my goodness" when he dropped something.
2.What were you doing at 0800?
Having a shower and listening to the radio news (we have a radio in the bathroom)
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Brushing my teeth (its only 845 am)
4. What happened to you in 2006?
I got a job in the Commonwealth Public Service - I had been applying for about 3 years, and then got a call out of the blue the day before Good Friday to ask me to apply for a job I had never seen advertised based on submitting my cv for about a dozen other jobs in the place.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
"Bye" to Pirate Jim and Beloved as they headed off to take the dog for a walk.
6. How many beverages did you have today?
One - a juice with breakfast. Haven't gotten around to making my first cup of tea, but that's next on the agenda.
7. What color is your hairbrush?
I don't use a hairbrush, I use a comb. Its blue.
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
A prescription at the pharmacy yesterday.
9. Where were you last night?
On the couch. S.O.P.
10. What color is your front door?
Blue, same as the trim (inside and out) of the whole house. The owners obviously have a thing about steely blue-grey.
11. Where do you keep your change?
In my purse. Unless the Pirate has been in the there, in which case its all in his pockets.
12.What’s the weather like today?
Overcast, mild. About 17oC (62F) right now, predicting 25C (77F)
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
Pistachio. Or bacci (choc hazelnut). Especially from a Roman gelateria.
14. What excites you?
Yarn. Patterns. A block of clay waiting to be worked. Getting mail (even junk mail). Good news. Having guests over. Unexpected guests dropping in. Right at this very moment, the prospect of a change of Federal Government.
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
Meh...no. I can count on one hand the number of times I have actually liked how my hair looks. I would really like to trade my hair in. Too fine, too frizzy, too mousy, and I'm too lazy to take the time to do anything about it.
16. Are you over the age of 25?
On the outside, well and truly. On the inside, I'm somewhere about there. I always get a little shock when I fill in a form with the age groups and my pen hovers over the "18-25" category, then reality sinks in.
17. Do you talk a lot?
Yes. More than I should.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
Yes - very amicable work colleague.
20. Do you make up your own words?
In English, not so often. In German, all the time. Usually by taking the english word and "german-ifying" it. I hit the mark a surprisingly high percentage of the time!
21. Are you a jealous person?
Sadly, yes. I don't much like the idea that stuff goes on without me. I'm working on it.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "A."
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "K."
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
My mum. She returned my call when I called her from Cassidy's (LYS) to tell her about the $2 yarn sale.
25. What does the last text message you received say?
"You have 2 new V-mail messages". I'm completely hopeless at hearing and answering my mobile.
26. Do you chew on your straw?
27. Do you have curly hair?
Kinda. I had ringlets as a child; now its kind of wavy-frizzy-totally unglamorous.
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
The local primary school to vote in today's federal election.
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
I have an aunt who is appalling rude, but I don't have much contact with her. A couple of work colleagues.
30. What was the last thing you ate?
Weeties and sultanas fro breakfast.
31. Will you get married in the future?
Already am, so its not on my radar.
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
This could be "the last 2 years" and I still wouldn't have an answer. I don't have the attention span or patience any more to watch the rubbish that passes for movies these days.
And I haven't actually watched a movie in the last 2 weeks.
33. Is there anyone you like right now?
John Corbett. But I don't think its reciprocal.
Otherwise there are lots of lovely people in my life right now who I enjoy spending time with.
36. Did you cry today?
Not yet. But the day is still young and Pirate Jim has a lot of boundaries to push. Never say never.
37. Why did you answer and post this?
I love a good meme, and I needed something a little bit easy to get back into the blogging mood.