Firstly my beloved Clapotis. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways....
I cast this off weeks ago, just in time for Canberra's warm spring weather to hit. I still love it.Yarn: Happy Spider custom-dyed; about 110g.
Sticks: 4.0mm addi circ
Mods: I only did 5 increase reps (following RoseRed's lead), and I'm quite happy with the width; in hindsight though I should have done a few more straight rows for a little more length.
Next up: a vest for Master O, a commission (my workmate keeps me busy!). And one for the Pirate (see issues below):
Pattern: Vest with splits from Panda book 204
Yarn: Bendigo 8ply Classic in Tuscan
Sticks: 4.0mm straights; mark II on 4.5 mm straights (see issues)
Mods: none (except I knit on the first one at SnB one evening and got distracted, so its about 3 cm longer before the armhole decreases than the pattern states)
Issues: I was given Master O's measurements, and the met with the pattern finished measurements, and I got correct tension, so I knit this as the pattern stated. Except when I finished it, it was 2cm smaller a the chest than it should have been. Master O is the same age, but a bit bigger, than the Pirate. This vest is intended for next year, and I figured if it was only mildly roomy on PJ now, it wasn't going to go close to Master O next autumn. So I sucked it up and knit another one on 4.5 mm sticks, which is much better.
So now both PJ and Master O have tuscan vests.
Confessions: I outsourced the finishing. But I did try! Several times! But considering these were a commission, I thought they deserved better than my efforts. Next time, I promise.
Because, believe me, if I'm going to regain any credibility around here after last weeks little expedition, I'm going to be doing A LOT of knitting over the summer.
That's all I have to say about that right now.