Although it's great, mindless round-and-round knitting, Ive decided to put the brakes on because I've got some outstanding gift knitting on the needles.
That didn't stop me casting on a pair of longies in Happy Spider 8ply Wakame.
What did stop me, however, was getting to the gusset of the longies and needing a second pair of 4mm dpns. Now I know I have at least one more set (I'm sure I've two), but do you think I could find them?
Not in my needle cases or boxes (just dont ask. I am in dire need of needle storage solutions.)
Not in this knitting basket......
What I did find, though, was a huge bloody shambles of WIPs, random small purchases, sample cards, ball bands and general crap.
And not in this knitting basket.
It called for some cleansing. I am pleased to report that I frogged no less than five languishing WIPs:
- a BSJ in Happy Spider 4ply (I just can't get the hang of this pattern, as much as I long to),
- a beanie in Jet that I can't get the cable pattern to work for,
- a baby kimono (from a Sirdar pattern - in pieces! Why would I knit one in pieces and then sew them up? Hah!)
- a Debbie Bliss baby jacket both in pieces (hah!) and 5ply (w-a-y too slow)
- a baby beanie in Peaches and Cream that just wasn't working.
And relocated no less than 25 balls of yarn back to the stash cupboard.
Still no 4 mm dpns.
But it feels much better! And I have identified some good hospital knitting:
- Cobblestone jnr for PJ; Im up to the sleeves and just need to concentrate
- Monkey socks that have been OTNs forever
- the rest of the Pi Blanky
Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got stock on the stove, 2 loads of washing to hang out, and I believe there's the back of a cupboard somewhere that might need cleaning....