Thursday 25 October 2007

The postman always rings twice

Well, he would if I stopped ambushing him halfway down the driveway and let him get the to front door.

The wheel needed feeding. So, with thanks for all of your recommendations, I did a little shopping. How much do we love the innernets?

Yesterday, my lovely postie brought me this:

Merino tops from Virginia Farm Woolworks. And a spare bobbin and a niddy noddy. I've gotta get set up, right?

I've also discovered the lolly shop that is Ewe Give Me the Knits. Mandie does amazing things and tonight, the poor postie had the parcel containing this ripped from his hands.

Chacha (top; a little more....er....vibrant than I expected!) and Skip a beat tops.

Cheeky Cherry, and Under the Sea



Moroccan Nights and Mulled Wine (hmm, sounds like a good idea to me!):



It would be fairly safe to say I got a little excited at EGMTK; I plan to spend quite some time with the plain tops before I tackle these beautiful dyed fibres.

And I may possibly have reached husbandorial limits too. While I was standing on a chair trying to get decent light to take photos of my haul, he wandered past, shaking his head. The words "sick", "obsessed" and "crazy" all passed his lips.....

12 comments:

Taphophile said...

The words "sick", "obsessed" and "crazy" all passed his lips..... but did he say it like it was a bad thing?

I take it he thinks were really are just going for a drive in the country tomorrow?

Great haul - Mandie is a genius.

Rose Red said...

Oh my...alll that lovely lovely lovely (sorry, I don't even know what you call unspun wool!!). Oh just lovely. Can't wait to see what it looks like as yarn!

Bells said...

George!!! Oh My Lord. *swoon*

You've got nothing to be ashamed of. He knows you well enough, surely, to know that when you start out, you ensure you're well equipped for a new skill?

DrK said...

Oh. My. God. I can NOT wait to show this to trent tomorrow night!!! i am killing myself laughing just thinking about the look on his face as he contemplates what he has to look forward to once i am FINISHED and have a proper income! mwa hahahahahahah

amy said...

I can't wait to see that all spun up. It looks gorgeous.

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

You may be sick, obsessed and crazy....but look at that gorgeous fibre you have to keep you company and line your padded cell with.

Donna Lee said...

I hear those words all the time along with "cult" and "intervention". I thought soft, warm, handknit things would bring him to the light but so far nada.

TinkingBell said...

DSo lovely = sounds like your husband and my husband are taking nots from each other - only mine also uses the word 'sad' - but how could you be sad with all thst yarny gorgeousness?

Michelle said...

I think he's just jealous of your new relationship with the spinning wheel ;-)

Denise said...

What they said ;) Surely it's a fairly SAFE obsession?

That roving is just stunningly beautiful - enjoy!

Shazmina Bendi said...

hahahaha! I do the same thing at work AND I make all the boys in the mailroom admire the contents of ALL my packages as I explain to them the need for more wool than I could possibly use in a lifetime!

MadMad said...

I know it's been said before, but it bears repeating: Sick. Obsessed. Crazy.

Can I come over?