Wednesday 11 July 2007

Finally, an FO!

Yesterday I succumbed to the lurgy that's doing the rounds and spent the day on the couch watching West Wing (series 2) on dvd. And knitting. Clearly, since I was desperately ill enough to stay home from work, I wasn't up for anything too challenging. I was inspired by both Bell's and Jejune's recent works, and by Pirate Jim's desire to follow the leader, which includes putting on a scarf when we go outside, just like Mama.





Pirate Jim's scarf in the same yarn - Naturelle Aran 10 ply (100% wool) - as the cable baby beanie I knit him a few months back, with Yarn Harlot's one row scarf pattern on 5.5 mm needles. I love this pattern - perfect sick bed and tv watching knitting.

I love it so much I'm jumping on the vintage hues bandwagon and have cast on a scarf for myself.

This just happened to jump into my basket at the LYS the other day....I keep wanting to smell it because I'm so sure it will smell like after dinner mints!

In other FO news, I respectfully ask you to cast your eyes to the left, where you will see my progress bars show Geoff's Vest as 100%! Wahoo! It arrived back from The Finishers this evening. I won't post any photos until it's delivered, so will add details then.

I will have more news on the weekend - tomorrow PJ and I are off to Sydney to visit the girls from my Mother's Group and go with them to see The Band That Shall Not Be Named on Friday morning. Don't tell anyone, but I'm a little bit excited myself....

G x

8 comments:

Taphophile said...

Sorry you're feeling crook, but extra knitting time is always welcome. The scarf is lovely, as is the Vintage Hues. Fantastic news about Geoff's Vest.

Safe trip Friday. And it's ok, your secret crush on Murray is safe with me ;)

TinkingBell said...

Love the scarf - haven't yet met vintage hues - looks a bit yum (My favourite W*****e is Anthony. but I like Murray too! Hope you feel better soon

DrK said...

lol. i thought for a minute you were actually going to see a Band Band! have fun anyway, im sure youll come away with plenty of horrible wiggle earworms. and i want some of that vintage hues but i think im going to have back to The Can to get an LYS!! :)

Rose Red said...

Oh no - not the W------! Hope you escape unscathed!

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Silly Georgie....you and your scarves and hats...and telling me that it's cold in Canberra. Cold is -20 to -40. BRRRRRRR!!!!

Denise said...

We can be Vintage Hues Scarf Sisters! Love the colours you've chosen :)

Enjoy the Wiggles, you Wiggles Groupie you ;)

Michelle said...

Hi Georgie! It's nice to put the blog and the person in context now I've met you! I was talking to you today about the maroon silk yarn you had with you, and if you haven't fallen hopelessly in love with it, or someone else has snaffled it, I'd love to take it off your hands. There is a gorgeous interweave crochet scarf I've been wanting to make and this yarn would be perfect!

I hear you on the Vintage Hues - I've fallen in love with it too, but am trying to resist ... It may all be futile though!

Michelle said...

Oops! Sorry! Forgot my email address if you want to contact me - quiltingmickATgmailDOTcom. Ta!